I expect to have more experiences on Linux computing in the near future. I think this will gives me multi-platform environments. Also, contents will have a bit more potions on Linux.
I posted today that how to install centos 6 by network.
1. Visit CentOS download site.
2. Download the netinstall.iso file. In this case, I downloaded CentOS x32 version. If you want to install x64 version, you can download from
3. After initial booting for installation, put the the following the righter URL based on different architecture.
32 bit: http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/i386/
64 bit: http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/
4. When you click OK button, installation will be proceeding.
* Commands for querying system Information.
- OS: cat /etc/issue
- Kernel: cat /proc/version
- Bit: getconf LONG_BIT
- CPU: cat /proc/cpuinfo
- Memory: cat /proc/meminfo
* To install X window: yum groupinstall "X Window System"